Why should you join dBug?
Last updated on Thursday, February 21, 2013 at 11:37:46 AM
We can help you with questions about:
- Buying a new computer
- Setting up your computer
- E-mail (both desired and unsolicited SPAM)
- Modems (including DSL and Cable)
- Making changes to your computer programs
- Understanding common computer terms
- Venting your frustration when your computer ties you in knots!
- And so much more...
We have a forum where you can ask your question, and receive multiple helpful answers from experienced members. Remember, if it's bugging you, chances are that another member has had the same problem, and figured out a solution!
Who benefits from dBug?
- New Mac owners
- Seasoned Mac veterans
- People working with cutting-edge software & programming
As a dBug member, you'll receive:
- A dBug membership card
- Advanced notification of meetings
- Discounts at some local and online Mac-oriented businesses
- The ability to attend any and all dBug meetings
- Access to dBug's online community, called the ExChange
- Personal dBug.org e-mail account
- 24-hour access to quick and accurate answers to your most pressing Mac questions using the ExChange Mentors conference
- Access to the MarketPlace for buying and selling well-loved Mac equipment and software
- A chance to meet other Mac users, both online and in person
- And eventually, a chance to impress newer Mac users with the knowledge you've gained as a dBug member
Quotes from business owners"As a mail order software seller, I cannot afford to have my order entry computer go down. dBug helps me avoid software that does not work, and if a problem does come up, lets others help in solving it - for free. The Mentors forum alone is easily worth the cost of membership."
President, Educational Fontware, Inc.
Bainbridge Island, WA
"dBug provides excellent support for my occasional Macintosh problems. It also serves me well with sound business advice. If I have a computer problem, I post a question and usually have the answer before the next day. If I have a business situation to discuss, I'll have the opinions of ten others before the week is out. dBug provides the best value for any business service I subscribe to!"
"I know relatively little about computers, yet, they're vital to my business. Computers do our customer databases, promo pieces, taxes, mailings, etc. We're a small business, we can't afford downtime, purchasing mistakes, poor choices in service providers. I was unsure if I'd get my money's worth from dBug, but after 3 months, I'd pay twice as much to belong. I couldn't begin to list the times we've been rescued by dBug."
Always Pure Water Service
"My dBug membership has saved me thousands of dollars that I would have spent on seminars and training to learn how to use the increasingly complex software available these days. Instead of calling a subscription tech support line, or enrolling in a seminar all I have to do is post my question to the dBug bulletin board. I usually have an answer within an hour."
Quotes from non-business members"Thanks for your most helpful replies, you all have suggested a number of workable options....I have a Syquest tape drive, probably can install the floppies into the LC, thence onto the Syquest, thence onto the G3 from the Syquest. Wouldn't have figured that out without your comments. Why would anyone who owns a Mac not want to be a member of dBug?"
"I would be totally lost without dBug Mentors. When I post questions it is because I am stuck with no way out -- and some member always provides a solution. I don't think anyone, not just someone new to the Macintosh, can use a computer without dBug's Mentors or expensive hired help."
Federal Way, WA
"Several times I have had a problem with a Mac that I could not solve. Manuals and troubleshooting books didn't provide the answer. A post to the dBug Mentors conference almost always gets replies within a day, usually several suggestions. Someone comes up with the solution almost every time. I have won several items at raffles at dBug meetings that have been worth more that the dBug dues I have paid. Five dollars a month for dBug is one of the best investments I make."
Mac fan, dBug believer
So you think you want to become a member?